OPNsense 16.1.8 released

Franco Fichtner franco at opnsense.org
Thu Mar 24 07:56:52 CET 2016

Hello there,

This quick 16.1.8 is not a big update, but it means a lot.  We have
finished our full sweep of the GUI to update the look and feel of all
pages and made the code ready for what is to come now: new features
that are on our roadmap for 16.7.  The first one will be the HTTPS
proxy, but there is also NetFlow and improved statistics / reporting
on the shortlist.

A day after 16.1.7 was out last week, FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p14 was
announced.  Of the four patches enclosed, the two Hyper-V patches we
have already brought to OPNsense over a month ago, the OpenSSH patch
does not apply since we only use the port and already had it up-to-date.
That leaves us with only one patch that we are shipping now to complete
the experience.

Attention to everyone using OpenVPN + cryptodev acceleration: the
cryptodev module along with older crypto drivers has been removed
from the kernel itself, which means that if you need to keep using
it, go to System: Settings: Misc and reconfigure your crypto hardware
including an enable of cryptodev usage.

New images based on 16.1.8 will be out will be out early next week.

Here are the full patch notes:

o src: updated tzdata to version 2016b[1]
o src: fix incorrect argument validation in sysarch[2]
o src: fix pfi_table_update: cannot set new addresses
o src: added APU2 temperature sensor support
o ports: unbound 1.5.8[3], sudo 1.8.16[4], pcre 8.38[5]
o proxy: better matching for overlapping URLs
o universal plug and play: refactored pages for improved look and feel
o vpn: refactored L2TP and PPTP pages for improved look and feel
o openvpn: fix missed configure stage for Peer to Peer (TLS/SSL) mode
o system: reworked the behaviour of thermal and crypto modules
o firewall: tweaked a few rule indicator icons to improve clarity
o firewall: improved alias validation on edit
o interfaces: also add previous DHCP override fixes for IPv6
o language: updated French and German

Stay safe,
Your OPNsense team

--