OPNsense 16.1.7 released

Franco Fichtner franco at opnsense.org
Wed Mar 16 15:05:37 CET 2016

Hi guys,

Time for a quick update!  We are still polishing our non-MVC GUI pages
to match the modern style of the MVC equivalents and fix a few minor
bugs along the way.  In these matters, we ask for your participation in
critically reviewing the changes below in order to catch remaining
issues as soon as possible.  We expect to finish our full code sweep
next week.  After that we will shift focus to work on new features.

The upgrades from 15.7.25 to 16.1.x briefly stalled with 16.1.6 due to
a dormant incompatibility in the FreeBSD package management tool after
flipping from 10.1 to 10.2, so we went ahead and made it all better.
More precaution in our own update tools will hopefully prevent such
unwanted breakage in the future, but we understand that these things
can slip through. :)

New images are on the way shortly after 16.1.8.  We are also introducing
the new "opnsense-stable" firmware path and some cool upgrade features
for our brave testers.  More explanations will follow soon.

Here are the full patch notes:

o ports: pecl-radius 1.3.0[1], bind 9.10.3-P4[2], bsnmp-ucd 0.4.2[3],
  openssh-portable 7.2p2[4], sqlite 3.11.1[5]
o captive portal: add session timeout to status info
o firewall: fix non-report of errors when filter reload errors
  could not be parsed
o pppoe server: make service control buttons work with multiple
  instances
o wake on lan: reworked pages for a polished look and feel
o load balancer: reworked pages for a polished look and feel
o dashboard: better colouring for widget status bars
o dns filter: reworked page for a polished look and feel
o dns rfc2136: reworked pages for a polished look and feel
o igmp proxy: reworked pages for a polished look and feel
o system: routes diagnostics page ported to MVC
o proxy: adjust category visibility as not all of them were shown before
o firmware: fix an overzealous upgrade run when the package tool only
  changes options
o firmware: fixed the binary upgrade patch from 15.7.x in FreeBSD's
  package tool
o network time: reworked pages for a polished look and feel
o system: removed NTP settings from general settings
o snmp: refactored page for a polished look and feel
o access: let only root access status.php as it leaks too much info
o development: remove the automount features
o development: added in-place package upgrades using the upstream
  repository
o development: addition of "opnsense-stable" package on our way to
  nightly builds
o development: opnsense-update can now install locally available base
  and kernel sets

Stay safe,
Your OPNsense team

--