OPNsense 15.1.9.2 released

Franco Fichtner franco at opnsense.org
Wed Apr 22 15:34:07 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

another week, another stable release. :)  While we are
busy working on extensive kernel cleanups to bring OPNsense
closer to FreeBSD, we decided to ship a minor update with
a number of  third-party software refreshes and assorted
fixes across the board before we make the leap to 15.1.10.

We’d like to mention the extensive translation groundwork
being done by Isaac Levy, which will enable others to
start working on specific language support now that
there’s an official English translation in the system.
A Japanese translation is being discussed already—if you’d
like to help with another language let us know through the
usual channels.

Here is the full change log of 15.1.9.2:

o captive portal: fixed rule generation on empty IP
o gui: print current user in upper right corner along with the hostname
o user manager: fixed empty password error when creating a new user
o high availability: don’t trigger sync when not configured
o interfaces: added the hn(4) interfaces as ALTQ capable
o configuration: do not overwrite the default configuration on firmware updates
o ipsec: fixed road warrior authentication
o openvpn: fixed client edit link
o ports: sqlite 3.8.9 http://www.sqlite.org/releaselog/3_8_9.html
o ports: strongswan fix for xauth (road warrior-related)
o ports: PHP 5.6.8 http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.6.8
o ports: pkg(ng) 1.5.1 https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2015-April/082234.html
o development: kickstarted language support via English translation (.pot file)
o development: further progress on the proxy feature/MVC framework
o development: improved the live mount to propagate the mounted version into the dashboard

The update is not available via install media, but you can
just as well download 15.1.9 from a mirror and upgrade with
a few simple clicks:

https://opnsense.org/download/

Stay safe,
Your OPNsense team