OPNsense 15.7.9 released

Franco Fichtner franco at opnsense.org
Wed Aug 19 13:05:44 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

What’s up! We are about to release new images to put a stake
in the ground following roughly 500 commits since 15.7 was
released in early July.  FreeBSD 10.2 is around the corner,
which makes this all the more important.  First tests look
promising, but it’ll have to wait a few more weeks to hopefully
get rid of more custom patches and thorough testing.  We’ve
also made progress with nano-style images to improve
interoperability between different media types.  Images are
scheduled to be released shortly after 15.7.10 for said release.

With that in mind, 15.7.9 is a maintenance release which only
addresses our code before we make a bigger leap forward.  Focus
has been to improve firmware upgrades and crash reporter, all
OpenVPN and IPSec configuration pages and a fix for recent
LibreSSL flavours not wanting to generate certificates.

These are the full patch notes:

o firmware: functional rework of update fetch and install,
	show reboot needed in alert box
o interfaces: fixed spurious truncated interface names from
	showing up in the assignments
o intrusion detection: improved rule select/deselect behaviour
	and alert querying
o firewall/rules: fix missing apply button when another language
	is being used
o crash reporter: multiple fixes, layout and submission
	improvements
o firewall/logs: can now filter using IP version
o firewall/nat: add anti-lockout rule for redirection
o certificates: fix generation for LibreSSL flavour
o openvpn: allow advanced settings for all server types
o openvpn: reworked all configuration pages
	(especially client export)
o ipsec: reworked all configuration pages

Stay safe,
Your OPNsense team